Links to Forms:
(these links will take you to the website to print from home)
Form 1040 (Form 1040, Schedules 1-3, and Form 1040-SR [For Seniors])
Instruction 1040 Booklet (Instructions for Form 1040 and 1040-SR [For Seniors])
Tax forms will be available in the main and Wilson libraries as they become available.
** Please note: For the 2022 income tax filing season, DRS will not send paper booklets and forms to libraries. This decision is largely due to IRS tax changes being finalized at the end of the calendar year, which makes it extremely difficult to provide the best, most updated information to our partners and your patrons in a timely manner.**
Free Income Tax Assistance
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
- Windsor Public Library will be a VITA site in 2023. For more information, please check here. Scheduling for our site will be through the Windsor Public Library.
- For other VITA sites, information and scheduling is available through 2-1-1 Connecticut.
The following is summarized from the websites of the United Way of Connecticut: http://www.211ct.org, the Connecticut Department of Revenue Services (DRS): www.ct.gov/drs/cwp/view.asp?a=1462&q=289046 and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS): www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc101.html
Federal Tax Assistance
- IRS link to resources on their website: http://www.irs.gov/individuals/free-tax-return-preparation-for-qualifying-taxpayers
- Tax assistance for people with hearing impairments and TTY equipment can be obtained by calling: 1-800-829-4059. People without TTY equipment may be able to obtain access through federal or state relay services.
- For more information about refunds and information on the “IRS2Go Mobile App”: https://www.irs.gov/uac/irs2goapp
Tax Season Refund Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s), can be found at: https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions
Connecticut State Tax Assistance
- To protect health and safety during the COVID-19 pandemic, DRS has suspended walk-in services to the public at its four branch offices. Please call or e-mail DRS for assistance. (800) 382-9463 (Connecticut callers outside the Greater Hartford calling area only), or (860) 297-5962 from anywhere Monday – Friday (8:30 am to 4:30 pm). 860-297-4911 (Hearing Impaired, TDD/TT users only).
Other Free Filing Options for Individuals Who Don’t Qualify for VITA
- MyFreeTaxes: Taxpayers of all income levels can easily and accurately file their simple taxes for free at http://www.myfreetaxes.com.
- IRS Free File: Taxes can also be filed for free on the IRS website: www.irs.gov/filing/free-file-do-your-federal-taxes-for-free.